Monday, March 19, 2012

Seriously? Part One.


Well hello there, it has for sure been a while. I haven't logged in since July 2009 and that makes me very sad. Reading the below posts I was so young (LOL) so eager so willing to keep this 'ol blog here updated and I have failed I have failed big time! Being that it is now March 2012 a lot has happened, no a ton has happened and I will try to sum it up as shortly as that long of gap can be shortened.
First off my hubby and I moved to Southern California! I know right? From Oregon to Southern California...Why you ask? Well to be honest we sometimes still ask ourselves the same thing so I can't give you a straight shot answer because there are a ton, from the hubbies job situation, to a change in scenery, even the excuse of we're young we're married we don't have kids and if we are going to make this "big" move we might as well do it now. Of course more than others it has been hubbies job situation. He's always worked in the construction area and has such a passion/love for it it can only be seen in his work and in person. Unfortunately that same love did not find him in 2009, the drop in economy meant people were not building therefore his company cut back which resulted in cutting him...so sad.
The Lord had something up his sleeve. My Grandparents were wanting to build a 3 bedroom house on their property for a future investment to get renters in there and help with their mortgage, Jesse wasn't working so they offered. That meant Jesse had to live there with them to be able to get any leeway on such a big project, we were in our freshly new marriage we had to make that decision, would we both go? Would it be hard to be away from each other that long? would it be worth it? Yes, yes & YES! After he left, started the house and in between the long commutes to visit home and me, we took the plunge! It was all becoming too hard not being with each other, the strictly phone calls, the finances, we decided to move to make the move. Jesse was optimistic about jobs suited for him there. Things to consider before leaving: I loved my job. We loved our family and friends in Oregon (still do, LOL) Our beloved home church where I attended 13 years at that point. Basically the things we were surrounded with, knowing the known..does that make sense? We were comfortable.

Leave it to us to shake things up. We made a pros and cons list on the move to a different state a state we didn't really know, people we would leave behind, it was hard to make. It seemed so right to make the decision we did. It still seems right. Although leaving all those people and the known we feel we made a right one, sure we miss everyone and everything we left behind but we really didn't leave them and with all the technology now a days (Phones, skype, Facebook) sometimes it can be like we never left.
Plus I'm originally from California (moved to Oregon in 1995 with my madre) I knew of some areas, and have a ton of family from both my Mom and Dad sides that have always lived here. So it's not like we were completely moving into the unknown, it's always as I think back now the adjusting to a move like that, that is the hardest. Getting to know that family has been worth it, working on our old fashioned social networking skills has been an adventure in itself but in the couple years we have been here we have made some lifelong friends that no matter where we end up we will always have them in our life. Getting to be near to my other family members has been amazing as well and feel so blessed that I can live this close to them now. Including 3 brothers, 1 sister, 4 aunts, 3 uncles, 60 cousins, 2 Grandmas, 1 great grandma, 2 Grandpa's I could go forever LOL. And I love it, and have loved getting to them all over/better during this time. I'll save that for a later post.
So we moved here in October of 2009 into a fairly bigger place than ours back in Oregon, in our first little space in pics up above it was basically a studio, we did have a wall separating our kitchen/dining/living room from our bedroom and bathroom but it was one bedroom one bath. Since then we've added 1 more bedroom and bathroom, one thing that was funny to us moving here was that all of our things we moved from what we thought was smaller than where are living now all of our stuff filled our new place! Haha! Hoarders! We also adopted a chihuahua and got pick of the liter and now have a little-er chihuahua their names are Chipotle and Mojito and love them oh so much! So now that we have had new adventures in all of this I will be better at updating with new stories more pictures, maybe you'll laugh maybe you'll cry, maybe you'll laugh/cry at my writing and story telling abilities I don't know, but I hope you enjoy this more updated blog, I hope you can enjoy all of this as we have. There's so much to tell, so much to do goals to achieve that I have for this 'ol blog, so sit back make another cup of tea, yours from my first post here must be o'so cold haha, and enjoy the new, slightly moved, slightly aged and slightly more tanned Riley family!
Peace&Love

No comments: